Friday, June 21, 2013

Thursday: Devil's Food Cheesecake Bars


These suckers are good. Almost too good. Diet break worthy good. I wish I could say they were one of my famous four ingredient or less recipes, like my
4 ingredient key lime pie (one of my favorite recipes ever) or my 4 ingredient blueberry cinnamon rolls. Sorry to say, but these bars have 7- but oh boy is it worthwhile. 

Ingredients
*One chocolate box cake mix
*Two sticks butter/margarine
*1 8oz package cream cheese
*3 egg yolks
*3/4 cup sugar
*1 tsp vanilla
*1 tsp cream of tartar

Step 1
Melt your butter/margarine and then mix with the chocolate cake mix. It will be almost play-dough like in consistency; press it into a greased 8x8 glass pan. (the greasing is more for the cheesecake part than the crust part)

Step 2
Using an electric mixer (yes, you can do it by hand if you want, but it takes FOREVER), whip the eggs whites until they form peaks but are not stiff. Add in sugar, vanilla, and cream of tartar.


Step 3
Soften the cream cheese in the microwave, then, using your good friend the mixer, combine the two together until there are no lumps. Pour into your 8x8 pan.

Step 4
Put your delicious-to-be bars into the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until the cheesecake part has risen our of the pan and its corners are a light brown. (you can see in the photos how much it rose after baking)



Step 5

Pull out of the oven, let cool and refrigerate, then eat it with delicious caramel. Mmmm. That was how I ate mine. (And for the record, they literally WERE diet breaking good.... Just trying to get off the baby weight, but these yummies broke my will the night I made them.)



Please, please, PLEASE enjoy! They are delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Sound yummy, will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you love them. I thought they were amazing. ;)

      Delete