Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday: Restaurant Refried Beans from a Can

I have, for years, eaten terrible refried beans from a can. I had no idea how little it takes to transform an ordinary (and honestly awful) can of refried beans into a wonderful side for your Mexican food that tastes as good as your favorite restaurant.

Ingredients
*1 can refried beans
*grease from 4 slices of cooked bacon (not healthy, I know- but amazing!)
*1 1/2 tsp chili powder
*1 Tb onion salt
*1/2 Tb cumin

All you have to do is heat the refried beans over medium heat and mix in the bacon grease and seasonings. It makes all the difference and it tastes like heaven. I have never before had refried beans at home that I wanted to eat. They're delicious! And because of the bacon grease, you may want to enjoy them sparingly... but all things in moderation!

4 comments:

  1. Yumm bacon fat lol :p loving the blog btw. I found a link to your diy blush and am looking around now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Bacon fixes everything. Hope you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  2. Way too salty and I used a large 30oz can of beans. I would reduce the onion salt by half at least

    ReplyDelete