Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday: Awesome Garlic Cheese Crostinis

Ok. Look at these delicious cheese crostinis... wouldn't you say they look restaurant grade? What if I told you tasted restaurant grade? What if I told you they required no butter/margarine? Pretty good, right? Now what if I told you I made them at home.... out of HOT DOG BUNS?!?! Because I did.

Ingredients
*4 hot dog buns
*1/8 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese
*1 1/2 tsp minced, fresh garlic or crushed garlic
*1 tsp garlic powder
*1 tsp onion salt
*1 tsp Italian seasoning

Step 1
Spread the hot dog buns open and use a spoon/finger to spread a very thin, fine layer of the fresh, minced garlic on the inside of each bun.

Step 2
Sprinkle all seasonings on top of the buns evenly, then gently sprinkle a small amount of mozzarella on each bun.

Step 3
Lastly, put all of the buns onto an ungreased cookie sheet and put in the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes or until just toasted brown.

Step 4
Enjoy! Eat! Edible! Etc. Great for mopping up pasta sauce.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I always have extra hot dog buns and now I can make these with them. They look yummy. Can't wait.
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Always glad to know I put something that helped someone!

      Delete