Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friday: Baby Onesie Swimsuit Bikini

As I was out hunting for a swimsuit for my little darling for summer, I found that I was too cheap to buy any of the suits that I found that were cute- when I was inspired by a swimsuit on a onesie! I already had paint, ribbon, and a white onesie... so I thought, why not just make my own? It wasn't tought at all and turned out even better than I had imagined in my mind.


Materials

*White and red fabric paint
*Sponge pain brushes
*Masking tape
*White onesie
*Ribbon/ rickrack
*Needle/ thread



Step 1: Using scissors, cut out rounded pieces of masking tape to be where the 'leg holes' go, then use just straight pieces to create a bikini outline on the onesie

Step 2: Using your red paint, use a slow, controlled brush stroke to paint the entire bikini area. Let dry for 3-4 hours, then peel the masking tape off.

Tape pattern
Step 3: Using the bottom of a sponge brush, make dabs of white paint for polka dots. Let dry for 3-4 hours.

Step 4: Using your needle and thread, use rick-rack for the bottom of the bikini top and the top of the bikini bottoms

Just needs ribbons and rick rack
Step 5: Use ribbon to make two small bows: Sew them to the top of the bikini top

DONE! And it is just darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment